Earlier media reports said that Apple applied to the U.S. government for approval to surpass the current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) restrictions to test drones.
Apple later confirmed that the company plans to use the drone test project in North Carolina to collect information and improve the Apple Maps service.
In addition, North Carolina confirmed that Apple is among the companies that have successfully applied for pilot unmanned pilot testing projects in the state.
Apple said that the company will use drone test items to collect aerial images to improve the Apple map service. With drone air photography, Apple is theoretically more likely to find inconsistencies and other factors that affect Apple's map data.
Apple said that it will work to protect people's privacy. In the process of using drones, the company’s position on privacy remains unchanged.
IT News Wechat Public Platform
Get fresh information the first time
Use your phone to scan the left QR code
What you may want to see
- Interview with Kingdee CEO Sun Yanfei: Talking about the New World of Financial Management
- Fully embracing 4K Sony sets high-definition video for 'medical' future
- Foxconn Chen Zhenguo: Sharp TV King Returns to Open 8K New Era
- International Leading UF Membrane Technology Visiting Li Sheng Marketing Director Tu Yufeng
- Rapid Growth at Home and Abroad Interview with Zhou Guoxian, General Manager of Skyworth Washing Machine
- Redefining the Core Value of Home Appliances Interview with Yun Mi CEO Chen Xiaoping
- Storage hardware prices will be close to the people? First look at Kim Taek memory and SSD
- IDF2014_2014 Intel Information Technology Summit_China Shenzhen
- Internal Skills of Classic Modeling Look at Pyramid Gaming Peripheral Products
- Interview with Zhao Ming: The glory of artificial intelligence is not an easy one, and you want to go quickly. Go alone for 5 years.
- Upgrading and fighting again How is Pyroban's game peripheral products?
- Interview: how does OPPO R11s impress users with design?
- Interview glory Zhao Ming: Thousand yuan full screen flagship heavier balanced
- Interview with the opportunities and challenges of the 'Zestars' 'AI+ customer service' industry
- Illuminate your beauty to read your beauty VivoX20 release interview
- Achieving High Level of Achievements Interview with Jin Taike SSD Product Manager Wang Jiangtao
- Interview with Bernhard Lang: Aerial Life of Aerial Photographers
- Sharp high-end interview: Smart appliances connect home with the future
People who read this article have also seen
- Dajiang New Generation Genie Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Drone Released 9999 yuan
- Predator Series UAV achieves milestone of 5 million flight hours
- China's first home! SF acquired UAV airline operation license
- Intel drone mapping technology helps resource industry to achieve more efficient oil and gas facility management
- From the LCD to the OLED and back to the LCD What is the abacus of the iPhone with Apple?
- Other people's payroll! Apple CEO Cook's year-end award of $933 million and private jets
Everyone is watching
- Huawei has become the first domestic mobile phone market share
- Google I/O 2018 Conference Preview
- Ctrip does not collect fees from retired tickets
* Netizens are not allowed to speak in the standing position, this site is not recommended in the comments section of any online store, dealer, Beware of being deceived!